فرصت استخدام مدیر آموزش و رهنمایی در «بیبیسی میدیا اکشن»
استخدام كننده: بیبیسی میدیا اکشن
مهلت نهايی ارايه درخواست : ۱۰ ماه دسامبر ۲۰۲۲
About BBC MEDIA ACTION:
BBC Media Action is the independent international charity of the BBC which uses media and effective communication to change people's lives for the better.
BBC Media Action delivers a portfolio of SBCC [Social and Behaviour Change Communication] oriented humanitarian and development projects in Afghanistan.
For more information about BBC Media Action please visit our website:
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the senior project manager, the Radio Training and Mentoring Manager will be responsible for the capacity building of our media partner stations in provinces which broadcast programmes to affected communities. The post holder will develop a detailed training plan, working with colleagues in Afghanistan and the UK to use the insights from research into training needs, and expertise on best practice in building the capacity of local media outlets. The Training and Mentoring Manager will implement that plan, using his or her own expertise and the skills of media trainers and consultants.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of trainers and mentors and improve their skills and ablities.
- Identify and assess training needs of partner organisations and propose effecient intervention.
- Devise an overall or individualised training and development tool and plan that addresses needs and expectations for each media partner.
- Design and deliver capacity strengthening programme for media partner stations in regional and provincial locations, as well as in Kabul.
- Provide regular mentoring to media partner stations to ensure they can produce high-quality content as per the need of affected communities.
- Travel to provinces of Afghanistan for training and mentoring purposes as and when needed.
- Oversee all aspects of the training programme, including travel arrangements for trainees and identification of media personnel to support the mentoring programme.
- Monitor the training programme’s effectiveness and successes regularly, and report regularly on activities and impact.
- Maintain a keen awareness of developments in multimedia content production and training.
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor programmes as necessary.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods.
- Manage training and mentoring budget.
- Other tasks or responsibilities, as directed by the senior project manager.
Essential skills and experience
- An impressive track-record in an editorial role as a editor, producer or journalist.
- At least 5 years of media training experience and at least 8 years of experience in journalism.
- Proven experience of and enthusiasm for training and mentoring.
- Experience of leading, managing and inspiring a team in a media and communication environment sitting.
- Demonstrable creative ability, with a proven track-record in coming up with innovative ideas for training and content creation.
- Familiarity with a wide range training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job, in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
- Fluent Pashto and or Dari written and spoken language skills.
- Very good written and spoken English language skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability.
- Good IT and database skills, including experience of audio editing software and Microsoft Office.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of working with a national or international NGO.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- Editorial Judgement – demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives. Makes the right editorial decisions, taking account of conflicting views where necessary.
- Planning and organisation - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Creative Thinking – Is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
- Resilience - manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
- Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Interested qualified female or male Afghan national candidates should submit a 300-word statement describing why the are the right candidate together with their CV to: این آدرس ایمیل توسط spambots حفاظت می شود. برای دیدن شما نیاز به جاوا اسکریپت دارید
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Please remember to mention the position title at the subject line of your emails.
این آدرس ایمیل توسط spambots حفاظت می شود. برای دیدن شما نیاز به جاوا اسکریپت دارید